I am Leslie Williams. I established LeaderShift Consulting 22 years ago, out of a conviction that organizations can and should be productive and enlivening places. After many years as an internal coach and consultant, I concluded that organizations are only as strong as their leaders. So LeaderShift is my commitment to helping leaders excel, so that they, their employees and their enterprises can flourish, rather than wither on the vine.
I’ve dedicated myself to this work for over 25 years, whether working as a manager, an internal change agent or an external consultant. My clients have ranged from team leaders to C-Suite executives, and I’ve worked in organizational contexts ranging from a homeless women’s shelter to the Executive Branch of the US Government – and just about everything in between. (For a full client list, click here.)
- Master’s degree in Organization Development from American University/NTL Institute
- Integral Master Coach™ certification from Integral Coaching Canada in Ottawa, Canada
- Master Certified Coach through the International Coach Federation
- Certifications in numerous individual and organizational assessment instruments
- Executive coach for the Presidential Leadership Scholar Program (a bi-partisan program sponsored by the William Clinton and George W. Bush Presidential Centers)
- Lead coach for the Louisiana Effective Leadership Program (a development program for social justice leaders working to rebuild their communities in the wake of Hurricane Katrina)
- Senior teacher at Integral Coaching Canada
- Speaker at women’s leadership conferences and organizational women’s forums
- Quoted in the Washington Post about coaching and workplace cultureadjunct faculty at Georgetown University’s Organization Development Certificate Program
- Mentor, teacher and coach to other coaches
Style and Approach
As a coach and workshop leader, I bring a high level of engagement, a penchant for truth-telling, a quick mind and a quick wit. One client described me as “incisive and compassionate,” and I think most would agree with that.
I have an endless quest for mastery, so I approach each person and engagement as unique. I’ve never coached two people the same way, nor have I ever given the same training twice. I’m obsessive about customization. While the quest for mastery keeps me growing, it also keeps me humble – it’s an endless pursuit.
I will consistently strive to do the ‘right thing’ for a client, no matter what. If I don’t think I’m the right coach for you, I’ll connect you with one of my many top-quality colleagues. If I think you’re making a mess of things, I’ll tell you so. If I don’t know something, I’ll say that too.
I make my home in Shepherdstown, WV, about 70 miles outside of Washington, DC. I love photography, contributing to my community, singing, chewing on insoluble questions with friends, reading, listening to live music, nurturing my spiritual life and walking my dog along the Potomac River.